Monday 13 August 2012

As the sun sets..













Bloody hell! What do we do now? That's it! That's the Olympics done and dusted and yes, I'll hold my hands up, I really enjoyed a lot of the events, but what next? Ah! Christmas, that's what's next! Yep! Christmas! Time to chuck your sandals in the wardrobe and get back to some serious materialism! It's depressing to think that Autumn's on the horizon, with the switch-on of the Blackpool illuminations in less than a fortnight, but I couldn't believe it when I walked into the supermarket the other day to be greeted by a wall of Quality Street and Roses chocolates! I mean, the poor kids have had their new school uniforms on display in there since about two weeks before they broke up, so now at least they can put the shock of the new school year to the back of their minds and think ahead to the Christmas hols. Me? I think I've only worn my shorts about three times this year so sod it! I'm with the athletes! I'm thinking four years ahead! For me Mike Nesmith's had the right idea. "It's only a whimsical notion, To fly down to Rio tonight, And I probably won't fly down to Rio,
But then again, I just might...."

No comments:

Post a Comment