Tuesday 3 July 2012

Time flies..









Three hundredths of a second! Now, you might know I'm not really into the Olympiczzz, but I'm hearing that a Blake beat a Bolt by . 03 of a second in a running race, and I reckon that's the time difference between these two photographs. Well, three hundredths of a second .. and thirty-one years! The shot on the left is from 'Don't Miss This', one of my Olympus XA photographs from  - I reckon - 1981. It was taken at the Barton Air Show, which was held every year at the aerodrome at the end of our estate (Always handy for sneaking in over the fields!) The shot on the right was taken on Saturday, at RAF Waddington's annual air show (No sneaking in possible. Much bigger fences - and soldiers!)
Just think .. the boy on the right could be the son of the boy on the left! How time flies! I say this after meeting with another lovely Bride and Groom, who have booked me for their Wedding next August. It turns out that I'm older than both sets of their parents! And by a lot more than three hundredths of a second, too!..

No comments:

Post a Comment