Friday 27 July 2012

The Big Day is here...



















Well, the big event is almost here! Yes, folks .. it's time for that amazing, one-off event that's got everyone buzzing with excitemement and flocking to the arena. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you .. Morrissey! Oh, you thought I meant the Olympiczzzz? Sorry, still can't get excited about them! To be honest, I wish I could, 'cos I feel like everyone else is having a groovy party and I'm not invited, but they're just not floating my boat! Bit of running? Bit of swimming? Nah, not interested! And the fact that it's the London Olympics, and you hear people say things like "Oh, I'm sure such and such an event will be fine, even though it's not in London" just makes me feel even less a part of it!

Anyway, back to the important stuff. Yes, the Moz is back in Manchester tomorrow night for his only gig of the year, and even though it's at the MEN arena - and I hate the MEN arena - some things just have to be done for His Mozness. Ironically - given the fact that I've just had 100 of my music images selected for a gallery in New York - this is the first gig I'll have been to this year! How bad is that?
I remember once going to three in a night in the 'old days' .. ! And how mind-mushing is it to think that the shots I did of The Smiths at the Free Trade Hall are twenty-eight years old! Blimey, if I'd had sex that night - which didn't actually happen until I was 47 - I'd be the proud dad of a strapping almost-thirty-year-old, who could be queueing up with me to see Morrissey for the first time in their life! (Pause for shudder!)

Anyway, I know now I've turned into my Dad, so just to save you the time and effort, I'll fill in the dotted lines for ya!.. Two, three, four ..."I was happy in the haze of a drunken hour, but heaven knows I'm miserable now..."

Tra la la......

No comments:

Post a Comment