Friday 20 July 2012

Kids, eh?....



















End of term, and the kids are free again! Well, for the next six weeks, anyway!
I love the photograph I'm showing you today. This little girl was crying because she was leaving her primary school to go to the high school, and her old teacher was taking a moment to comfort her. Now I hate, hate, hate to say this but I'd really worry about taking a photograph like that today. I'm getting paranoid about pointing a camera at a kid! What a world we live in! Kids think you're a paedophile and you need training to go up ladders! I ask you!...

Popped out last night to see me old mucker Peter Dench open his exhibition at the new White Cloth Gallery in Leeds. Very nice it is, too, and I'm glad I nipped across, all the more so because it gave me time on the train to knuckle down and write a bit of a Biog about myself. Two different photography galleries want to put me on their sites, so I'm having to get a new portrait taken and pen some words about my life as a snapper! Put me in mind of .. I think it was Grandmaster Flash's song White Lines. There's a kid on the start of the record who asks Mr Flash to tell him the story of his life. The Grandmaster says "Well, I was born a long time ago ... and now I'm here with you!"
"Yeah.." says the kid "But what happened in between?!.."
Kids, eh?...

No comments:

Post a Comment