Tuesday 24 July 2012

GR8 lol...



















I heard a news report yesterday that said we now text each other more than we actually call each other. Hm! Did I hear it or was I texted it? Cripes! Anyway, I'd had mobile phones for years before I even went near that technology. I just couldn't see the point of spending ages trying to type a msg with my two clumsy thumbs when I could simply press speed-dial and talk to my friends!
Shows you what I know, eh? ..  ;-) !

Gave me another chance to dive into the archive, though, and look what I came up with. Rabbit! Remember Rabbit? Rabbit was the Big Thing in 1992! All you had to do was carry that brick of a phone around with you and then, when someone wanted to contact you, you were sent a bleeper msg which would prompt you to go and find a Rabbit transmitter point, marked by a turqouise Rabbit sign stuck onto a nearby building, so that you could then phone them back. What a brilliant idea, eh? Er, no! It last less than two years and loss the company millions! Still, it made me a few bob, as I got to do the PR photography all over the North-West. Here's our hairy friend Mike Harding - on the left - (Sorry Mike!) plugging the cutting edge gear in front of the Liver Buildings in Liverpool. Ain't technology GR8, lol....

No comments:

Post a Comment