Wednesday 27 June 2012

Perspective..













This is one of my favourite shots from the book 'Don't Miss This', and it kinda puts the whole world of art and self-promotion into persepective. It's getting harder and harder to get one's photographs seen, overwhelmed as they are by the kertrillions of images that get shoved up online every single day (Guilty, m'lud!) So, with that in mind, it was fantastic last week to be 'discovered' by a chap from 'darn sarf' who had been told about my Joy Division photographs and is now planning to design and market a whole range of T-shirts based on the shots. "How come they've not been seen by a wider audience?" he asked, amazed. Well, it's not for want of trying, I can tell you!

As you can tell by the extreme heat and drought, high summer is upon us, which means my Flickr 'Glove' project has more or less juddered to a halt. However (to my sad delight!) I came across one on Sunday, which I thought I'd treat you to today.















Oh, Gawd! That's a kertrillion and one photographs uploaded today! Anyway, I went into the chemist yesterday to get some cough medicine. My man-flu is persisting, probably getting worse, definitely not getting better! The lady in front of me put five prescriptions on the counter and I thought 'Cripes, I'm going to be here for ages!' "So, Mrs ___.." said the pharmacist "How're you feeling after the chemo?" Now that, my friends, is perspective!..

No comments:

Post a Comment