Monday 11 June 2012

Just not cricket..
















I'd like to thank over 100 people who gathered in Salford on Saturday night to watch a video slide-show of some of my Wedding Photography. Nah! They didn't really! Over 100 people actually gathered in Salford to celebrate the Wedding of Nadine and Paul, who married in Portmeirion at the beginning of May and held a party - replete with a slide show of my photographs - to show all the family and friends that couldn't make it to Wales. Still, it gave me a buzz and the images looked great, beaming out with a backdrop of the new Salford Reds Rugby League ground.

Actually, speaking of rugby, I'm thinking of starting to follow the game! Three days into the football of Euro 2012 and I'm already sick of the way the pansy, wimpy footballers keep falling over, rolling in 'agony' and deliberately trying to get their opponents booked. Grow up, lads! It's just not cricket!

Shoot'nTutor was great on Saturday, and I had a really eager pupil who arrived with a whole list of questions for me to answer. We worked through his queries about white balance, exposure lock and ISO, but I had to smile when he next asked .. "Is there any money in Press Photography?" "No, David.." I replied "There isn't any money in Press Photography these days, not when even the once-great Manchester Evening News refuses to pay for submitted images, and merrily cherry-picks 'news' shots from Twitter instead of sending a photographer!"

Now that, my friends, is just not cricket!

2 comments: