Saturday 9 June 2012

Friggin' in the rigging!..




















It was a dark and stormy night and..

Actually, it was a dark and stormy night last night and I had real trouble sleeping, woken in the early hours by the distant, niggly noise of someone busy with hammer, saw and power drill. Then, Noah's Ark swept past the house, closely followed by my car, our dogs and every flower pot in my garden! Man, I think it's rained for a solid week now and I'm getting thoroughly cheesed off with it all. At least I now have the football to cheer me up, and I can hunker down and watch Euro 2012 free from any feelings of guilt about not being outside in the glorious sunshine! Heaven help the brides getting married this weekend, though. As luck would have it I'm running a Shoot'nTutor workshop today, so I'm free from the 'stress' of shooting a wet Wedding. Rather, I can use the low light levels to my advantage, and I can run through the use of wide apertures and faster shutter speeds with my 'pupil'...

I had a blast of a childrens' portrait session yesterday morning, though I'm amazed I've still got any hair left on my head. The youngest of my five subjects just would not join her siblings to be photographed! Two? She acted like she was twenty-two, deliberately turning her head away from the camera and running away as soon as Mum let go of her arm! I'm off to edit the work this morning and, fingers crossed, I think there'll be just enough choice to keep her parents happy. Still, a flood of enquiries and two new bookings for Weddings in 2013 went a long way to ending the day on a high, so you could say that was two by two and it all ended swimmingly...

Well, you could...

PS: My shot of the Arab dhows is from a trip I took to Kenya about 20 years ago. Kodachrome 64 if you're interested. Still Kodachrome 64 if you're not! Enjoy the weekend! Stay dry!

No comments:

Post a Comment