Thursday 14 June 2012

I'm blushing...













"Mega thanks for your fabulous work" ...

I'm blushing! I am! I've gone all shy and modest and bashful! Naaah, have I heck! I love it! I'm an artist, darling, with an ego, after all, so bring it on! I've had another 'unsolicited testimonial', as they say, from Catherine, one of 'my' brides, who got married at The Belle Epoque and thought her photographs were "fantastic". Naturally, I concur, but then I would, wouldn't I? I shot 'em!...

Being booked by Catherine, though, did remind me of a story. I was once photographing the Wedding of another young lady called Catherine, and because she lived abroad it happened to be one of those rare times when it wasn't possible to meet her before her Big Day. So, I arrived at her house to photograph the bridal preparations and the door was opened by a cheery, smiling young lady who waved and said "Hi, I'm Catherine". I dutifully followed Catherine around the house, photographing her having her hair done, shooting as she had her make-up applied, and moving in for close-ups as she opened a bottle of champagne. Eventually, just as she was about to go upstairs to get her dress on, she stopped and turned to me with a puzzled look on her face and said "Aren't you going to take any photos of the bride?" Aaaagh! The chief bridesmaid had the same name as the bride!
Now I'm blushing!...


No comments:

Post a Comment