Thursday 12 April 2012

It's X10 time....







My new camera's arrived! I spent £400, waited almost a week for delivery and then shot .. flowers, a glove, and a photo for my 'Seen..' Flickr project!  D'ya think I'm stuck in my ways?? Seriously, it's so exciting to finally get my hands on this little beauty - the Fuji X10! It has a silent shutter and a 'normal' viewfinder, so it's going to be fantastic for all those sneaky Wedding shots! It takes me back to the first time I saw the original magazine ads for the Olympus XA in about 1981. I just had to have one, and I've felt the same about this camera ever since it came out. And who knows where my work with it will lead? My Olympus photographs got me on TV, got me to the finals of national photographic competitions .. and got me a self-published book called Don't Miss This, that went on to be stocked at The Photographers' Gallery. Bring it on, X10!..

No comments:

Post a Comment