Sunday 18 March 2012

Just add water..

Look out, folks! Here they come! The race to be the best new Hollyhock in town has started! This time last week these guys were dried up brown husks of seed that I over-wintered in an old card-backed envelope and now .. just look at 'em go! It's so exciting! You can almost hear them shrieking with delight now they've been let loose! Chase me, chase me! Bet I can flower before you do!.. Ah, isn't nature wonderful!

One thing's for sure .. they got plenty of water yesterday, as the heavens opened .. just as I started shooting a new band! Thank God there was a railway bridge close-by, because that became our Plan B and we had to do all the photographs under there. Well, nearly all of 'em, and if you go to see these guys at any of their forthcoming gigs and they sound a little snuffly .. it's all my fault! Hey boys, that's rock 'n roll! Anyway, I dropped the shots online last night, and the word from the guys was "They're fantastic!" So, just like the emergence of the new shoots, I hope I'm in at the start of something big here!
Pix to follow as soon as I get the ok!...

No comments:

Post a Comment