Wednesday 8 February 2012

We have the technology...














Greetings from Santorini, everybody! Ok, not exactly, but the folks across the road appear to have bought themselves a rooster, and its constant cock-a-doodling makes me feel like I'm writing this from some secluded sun-soaked villa in the Greek countryside. Dream on, Martin!

The 110 format ..  remember that? The little flat camera whose negatives were so small you actually needed a microscope to view 'em? The young girl in my old Olympus XA shot is using one, as she nicks the wedding photographer's shot!! (Don't get me started!) Well, once upon a time we thought those cameras were cutting edge, yet it doesn't feel it'll be so long before we'll sit back, sigh and say .. "Jeez! Only twelve million pixels? How on earth did we manage?" .... I write this from under the mass-bombardment of the latest camera-launch news from Nikon. Just like bloody buses, you wait for one then three come along at once .. the newest two swaggering in with thirty-six million pixels each! (Doesn't seem two minutes since you only got 36 shots before your capture capability .. FILM!! .. was full!)

OMG! I'm getting so left behind! How dare I show my face at a Wedding with a mere 12m pixel camera .. the nerve! The cheek! The .. oh, I've just remembered! It's what you can do with a camera that counts! Phew.....

No comments:

Post a Comment