Wednesday 29 February 2012

Happy Leap Year!..



















Hey, Feb 29th .. .and time for all you young ladies to propose to your man! Do it now or wait another four years! Like, oh yeah, I can't see today's modern woman sticking to that rigorous anacronism! Anyway, I've taken a leap with my thinking about the One-Off Wedding Fayre, and changed the concept from a busy, confusing Wedding Fayre to a laid-back, relaxed get-together with a select set of experienced Wedding suppliers! Instead of traipsing around a cluttered, crowded hall, visitors can come and have a Sunday pint and a cup-cake with me and my friends in the Wedding trade .. everyone from Rolls-Royce owners to florists, cake designers and cutting Wedding film makers. Sounds nice, doesn't it!

Today's photograph is one I took about 30 years ago - pre health and safety, I would guess - to illustrate a story about a guy who was going to make a parachute jump with his dog! Leap year, parachute jump .. see what I did there? Anyway, we togged the poor pooch up in goggles and a bandana and I had the owner throw him up in the air one or nineteen times. Then, as luck would have a it, a jet flew past, right in shot, so we launched Lassie skywards just in time to get the plane in the background. How they got on is anyone's guess. I hope it wasn't a leap too far...

No comments:

Post a Comment