Friday 6 January 2012

You never know what's around the corner...













Today's image is a picture I've decided to enter into a 'Social Reportage' photography contest. I thought it was appropriate because I found out this morning that the engagement of a good friend of mine has come to an end, and he's alone again after a couple of years in a relationship. Thing is, he didn't call to tell me and I certainly wasn't told by a friend. No, I heard it on the modern grapevine that is Facebook! His relationship changed from 'Engaged' to 'Single' on his page, and with the click of a mouse we all now know. It reminded me of that day, back in the mists of time, when an ex took off from me, and I was straight on the blower to my mates for a bit of sympathy. Trouble was, one had just been sent to Afghanistan to cover the war, and another had just been whisked into hospital after a heart attack. Kinda put it all into context! Enjoy yourselves, folks! You never know what's around the corner!

No comments:

Post a Comment