Saturday 21 January 2012

Look at me, look at me!..



















This is a bit long-winded, but stick with it! I shot a Wedding last summer, and the bride's dad owned the Roll-Royce that she arrived in. Turns out he's got a sweet little collection of sexy motors and was looking to get into the Wedding market, so he and I have kinda teamed up and now I link to his website from mine. Anyway, he asked me if I could make him an exhibition banner like the ones I use at Wedding Fayres and, to that end, he dropped off a memory stick and CD of images he'd taken of his wheels at Weddings. To cut a long story (finally) short, I found this shot in his collection - a picture he'd taken of me, up my ladder, taking pictures at his daughter's Wedding. Love it! How cool! Look at me! Not one, not two, but three cameras on the go! What a guy! What a champ! I'm not even holding on! (Hey, it's my blog, I can blow my own trumpet if I like!) Anyway, it made me wonder how many times I must appear in 'other' people's photographs. I know it'll be quite a number because I often spot people taking shots of the nutty snapper up a ladder! But they're shots I'll never see or even know about, because they'll never, ever be printed. There's the next casualty of the digital age .. Prints! So I'm lounging unbeknownst on who-knows-how-many memory cards and computers, along with shots of current buildings, car styles, fashions, hair do's, street scenes .. all important indicators of passing history that won't be available to future generations, because they're never, ever shown! Mind you, in this case that mind be a good thing! Check out the spooky twins at the bottom of the shot!
Oi! You two! Look at me!...

1 comment:

  1. I wont feel half as bad when I pinch one of YOUR pictures in the future. LOL
    Dave

    ReplyDelete