Friday 20 January 2012

Kodak moment...














Well, it looks like there might be some hope for Kodak film users, after all. Not Kodachrome users obviously, that stuff's been well and truly killed off - but it's awful to hear of the damage that digital is causing these day. Don't get me wrong, I'm totally 'digi' myself now, even though I still complain about its plastic appearance but, along with the recession, it's been the demise of an awful lot of businesses (A lot of awful businesses, too, so it ain't all bad!) It batters at my door daily, though. My markets are disappearing, the number of 'amateur' Wedding photographers has gone through the roof, and photographers' rates have nose-dived. I'm regularly asked to shoot an entire Wedding, and provide an album and all images on CD for less than £400! (No, I don't do it!) Still, I must take some glimmer of hope from the fact that I'm still in business after 33 years, when even the giants like Kodak are crumbling around me. It's a real Kodak moment...

No comments:

Post a Comment