Thursday 17 November 2011

Who?..

















I went to see Colin Newman last night! Who? Wire, you know.. the band! Who?..
Sigh! I first bought a single by Wire when I was 17, and finally got to see them play live at Academy 3 in Manchester last night. The three original members of the band were either bald or getting there, the bass player had glasses like bottle bottoms hanging round his neck, and our Colin had to have the lyrics lined up on an ipad.. but what a noise! Absolutely fantastic, and my ears are whistling this morning in testament, but we came downstairs after the gig and the foyer was full of kids pouring out of a gig in the larger room there. Now they'd all been to see Madina Lake.       WHO?...

Had a great Thank You card in the post yesterday. It was from Chris and Fred, whose Wedding I shot last month. They said their guests thought I was the "best wedding photographer they had experienced"..   Nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment