Monday 21 November 2011

Turn on, tune in, drop out....













What's the best thing on the radio these days? The OFF switch! Hahahahaha.....
Honestly, I've had enough! I can't stand it anymore! I've had it up to here with Adele and Lady Antebellum, and DJs that just have to tell us they "Really like that song.." and Davina Bleedin' McCall buying shampoo that's been tested on "British hair".. (What??!!) ... and Scottish people telling me that the Co-op is "Gerd with Ferd" and, and....Aaaaagh!!!!  So yeah, the off-switch is on as far as the radio is concerned, and I'm back to playing cassettes of old John Peel shows from the 80's... Ah, that's better!

Sorry, folks! This has all come about because I emailed one of my PR shots of Johnny Mathis to great old Manchester DJ Phil Wood the other day (That's him on the right!) Now HE was good! (Phil, not Johnny! Sorry Johnny!) He was funny, informative, entertaining and, more to the point, he worked in an era when the bloody music was worth listening to! Like wise James H Reeve, Phil Sayer et al.....

These days the DJs, the ads, the music.. it all just plops off the end of the corporate drip pipe and washes down the gutter of "modern" entertainment! Well, they've lost a listener here, folks, and erm.. I actually do like Johnny Mathis! Now where did I put my pipe and slippers?

2 comments:

  1. Martin, you're so right! How I miss those days of great music and entertainment.

    I suggest you copy those cassettes to another medium before all the cassette players disappear!

    Thanks for a great post, Nige

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good advice Nige... I can hear the tape a'stretchin' as we speak! Thanks for reading....

    ReplyDelete