Monday 5 September 2011

What a day!...




















Phew! Tatton Park! Bring it on...

I shot what was probably the most amazing Wedding of my year so far yesterday! It was the Big Day for Suzanne and Paresh - a fantastic mixture of Scottish and Indian, sari and kilt, at the amazing Tatton Park, in Cheshire. I was exhausted by the time I'd finished it! With coverage from bridal preparations to first dance it was a long day, and now I'm currently working my way through 1, 366 shots from the whole event. I received two of the best compliments I've ever had, too! The bride's step-dad Mike said I was "brilliant", and when we got into a conversation about advertising and promotion he said he'd describe my USP, my unique selling point, as being a crackpot! Love it! I love it, but how do I get that across when nobody phones my studio anymore? It's all done by email, these days, and we all know how sterile that can be. I bring this up because only this weekend I had an email (Ironically, they didn't phone!) from my 'Freephone number' supplier. They said I might want to cancel my Freephone number, as I'd gone below my minimum usage amount. In other words, as I said, people are e-mailing rather than phoning! The minimum usage amount? Three minutes per month! Jeepers! Thank you for (not) calling! Have a nice day!

PS.. I think he meant crackpot in a nice way !!   ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment