Thursday 1 September 2011

'Owzat?...









Vaughan, Flintoff, Fairbrother...not to mention DeFreitas, Muralitharan and Wasim Akram! Cricket's finest came out to play the other day, and I was the official PR photographer, covering the event for the De Vere Hotel group. The 'England Legends' event was a fantastic fund-raiser for research into a rare syndrome which sadly caused the death of a young member of staff at Grappenhall Cricket Club, the venue for the function. Full marks to 'Freddie',  I must say, as he patiently signed autographs, programmes and miniature cricket bats until every one of his adoring fans was happy they had a piece of their hero!
I was then up bright and early next morning to shoot a presentation to a very surprised and happy chap at Manchester Airport, who was named as the 3 millionth EasyJet passenger to pass through the airport,  and was given a year's free flying on the airline as a prize. Back to the office then, and a mere 857 frames to edit!

Now then, back to the subject of Weddings, and I mentioned I was being fitted for a suit! Yes, folks, I'm going to be a guest at a Wedding! How weird is that going to feel? I nipped down to the swanky Groom suit outfitters in Wilmslow, and had my manly chest measured up for a cool .. oops, musn't say, just in case the bride's reading this! Anyway, I must remember to behave myself at the Wedding, and not try to interfere/help/annoy the official photographer! It's not until next May, so I have plenty of time to practice! Eeek!

No comments:

Post a Comment