Wednesday 21 September 2011

I've turned into my Dad...
















Tony Wilson and Derek Hatton - two of life's more 'colourful' characters, I'm sure you'd agree! God knows what function I shot this at, or where, but they certainly looked like they were having a good time at it, didn't they!
And doesn't life seem so bland these days with so few larger-than-life people to entertain us? (Sorry Del Boy, I know you're still around, but you've gone very quiet these days!) We seem to live in a world where everybody wants to be 'like' someone - where sounding like/looking like/acting like somebody is the height of a kid's ambition. (Yes, I have just been subjected to X Factor, now you ask!) I was having my hair cut last week and my barber Andy and I were chatting about the state of music these days. He'd just bought a Cabaret Voltaire compilation, and I was talking about looking forward to going to see Wire in November. His 21 year old assistant had no idea who we were talking about, but he mentioned he'd love to see Michael Buble in concert! The pair of us almost threw up! "We've reversed roles.." laughed Andy "I'm the one that's supposed to be saying that, not him!"
It's a shame that both Andy and I look backwards for our musical enjoyment, but there's hardly any new stuff out there any more that stirs my juices! Oh, God! Adele's on the radio again....

No comments:

Post a Comment