Monday 12 September 2011

Don't tell me the score...




















Staying on the subject of the USA .. I must, must, must start watching the American Football again. Now that I've finally got one of those whizz-bang digital recorders I've got no excuse for missing any of the games that will be shown this season on Channel 4 (And before I go any further, I recorded The Jets versus The Cowboys last night, so nobody tell me the score!) Now, did you ever see a more incongruous shot than this picture of 'American' footballers mashing it up in front of a row of Salford 'back to back' terraced houses? Not exactly the MetLife stadium is it? In fact, it's The Willows, the home - up to last week - of the Salford Reds Rugby League team. This was back in the late 80's, when the marketing men were trying to get 'Gridiron' established in the UK (You may have noticed that they failed!) The Willows was one of the grounds where the game was played in England, and I went down there a few times to try my hand at photographing the sport (You may have noticed that I failed, too, ho ho! I'm rubbish at sports photography! I think I'll stick to Weddings! ) Anyway, just to add that  even The Willows closed last week, and the team will soon move to Barton, in Eccles.  Gotta keep moving, eh? Now what's the American term for an 'Up and under'?...

No comments:

Post a Comment