Friday 16 September 2011

Bobbing along...
















Abstract, eh? But I thought it would make an appropriate image for today's blog. It's the last look I got of Tripoli, as I left Libya on a boat after covering a story there for the Manchester Evening News. (You couldn't fly directly to Libya in those day!) Those streaks are the lights of the harbour as the boat bobbed out to sea towards Malta, shot on Kodachrome 64 at who knows what?..  A second? (They never did figure out a way to record shooting details on film did they?) Anyway, point being, of course, that we can only hope this is the last look Gaddafi gets of the country one day, as he's taken away somewhere nice and cosy for the rest of his life! All I can say now is that if we're all pally and mates again with Libya, can I have that bottle of whiskey back that you confiscated at the port? Ta very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment