Thursday 4 August 2011

Stand there! No, don't...














Was back at Manchester Town Hall the other day, shooting an engagement portrait for a couple who tie the knot there this September, and was rather dismayed to see that all my photo 'locations' are disappearing, one by one! The lovely arched corridor on the corner of Albert Square, where I often shoot pictures of the Wedding couple together, is now shrouded in wooden hoardings, as the re-development of Central Library continues, and in the square itself, where I would normally shoot my group and family shots, there is now a semi-permanent (I hope!) concrete arena being built for the forthcoming Spanish Festival!
Even inside the Town Hall, the Sculpture Gallery has now become a cafe, with a flat screen TV right in the place where I'd normally shoot a lovely portrait of the couple. What to do? Photoshop a tropical beach into the background? Hmmm....

1 comment: