Tuesday 2 August 2011

Child's play...

















Young lads up a tree, schoolgirls in the park - Jeez,  I'd hate to be trying to get these shots today. No sooner did I blog yesterday about memories of a more innocent time than I pass a lady pushing a baby in a stroller. Well, I say lady, she was probably about 16 years older than her child - but when I waved a little hello at the baby the mother gave me such a dirty look .. and that's without trying to take a photograph, so there you go, instant judgement! I'm a pervert, a paedo, a threat to her likkle precious offspring. Bloody hell! What chance does that kid have of growing up with an open mind? And so the cycle will continue, until it will actually be an offence in the UK to talk to someone unless you do it by text, or smile at someone unless it's on a videolink. God help the next generation! The photograph, since you ask, was taken at a sports day in Warrington in, oooh, 1981... and absolutely nobody took offence! Smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment