Saturday 26 March 2011

It's Only Rock 'n Roll....




















Told you they went for it!
This from yesterday's College Kids' Buskers Session in Manchester. Some real ballsy musicians on stage, and, this being Piccadilly Gardens, the usual mix of life's wonderful weirdos off it! Special thanks go to whoever p*ssed on my camera bag after I put it down behind the stage. Talk about embarrassing on the train..I stank!
Anyway, I made sure I got lots of shots of as many acts as I could, with a tale in mind that still hurts to this day! As you know,  I managed to shoot Joy Division early in their career, but there was once a day I had to shoot another 'gig' in Manchester, back in the mid-eighties. It was arranged with the PR firm that'd booked me that they'd take the film back with them to London after the show. No probs...except that the support band were a little combo called, erm...Take That!..and I had no shots to show it! Sigh!

Off to Leeds now for my ArtsMix photography stand.
Florescence. You know you want it!

No comments:

Post a Comment