Monday 7 March 2011

Hands off, she's mine!














Great Wedding Fayre at The Park Royal Hotel yesterday, with lots of happy couples and some real interest in my work. I await a positive flurry of bookings!! Something I saw there, though, brought up the issue of Copyright, and I just wanted to say something about that! Coincidentally, a snapper friend of mine, who has shot a ton of fantastic music photography over the decades, has just stopped putting these shots on Facebook, because people keep 'nicking' them and using them on their own sites.
Anyway, my stand at the Fayre was opposite a Florist, and she had a book of photographs on display, showing her bouquets and flower arrangements at 'real' weddings. A couple of the shots caught my eye, and I realised they were my photographs! I asked the florist where she'd got them, and was told that the Bride had given them to her. She was using them in all innocence, believing that if the Bride had let her use them, then she was ok to do so! (I must add that she instantly understood, and told me she would put a credit underneath the images). Even though I issue a licence for  'my couples' to print images from a CD,  I must make it more clear that they do not own the right to use the photographs as they choose. Sadly, in the digital age, it's a problem that's only going to get worse for Professional Photographers.

No comments:

Post a Comment