Monday 7 February 2011

Oh, just great!














I've just spent good money advertising in a local magazine's Wedding supplement. The ads look great and one of my photographs was used as the cover shot. Very happy! Then I read their article "Weddings on a budget"! It says "Look for a student/new photographer who's starting up in business. Not only will it be cheap, but you can almost guarantee they will put ALL (Their capitals!) their effort into capturing the right pictures." Well, thank you very much!

Now, I'm not going to quote this article out of conext..it does go on to say "Hire the photographer for a few crucial hours and ask a trusted friend to take more informal pictures"..but what an image to present to a newly engaged couple! It even uses the word "cheap!" Ugh!..although my favourite part is the giveaway line "You can ALMOST (My capitals!) guarantee they'll put all their effort into capturing the right pictures!! Ah, relief..I'm a professional! You can DEFINITELY guarantee I'll put ALL my effort into capturing the right pictures.

Heard a line the other day. "If you think it's expensive to hire a Professional to do the job, wait 'til you hire an amateur!" How true! Rant over!

Stop Press..It wasn't me, Guv!...Whoops!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment