Wednesday 16 February 2011

The Emergence of Convergence!




















So, if I was Paul Whitehouse, I'd be walking along now with a woolly hat on shouting "Aren't digital cameras..BRILLIANT!" -  I mean, the things they can do! I remember when they were first appearing alongside us film boys and the proud owners were smugly announcing that you could change the ASA (Sorry, ISO..I'm still on old money!) in between shots! I fancy some of that, I thought..and plunged headlong into a Fuji Finepix S2 (There's one on Ebay right now for £51...Bless!)
I loved the ISO capability, and now almost subconciously flick it up and down during Weddings. White balance, too...who'd have thought you could flit from room to room to exterior without a bag full of filters, grey cards and tungsten film! Oh joy, oh joy! And now video! Two of the bodies I run have HD video capability though, I'll be honest, I've not entirely taken advantage of it. Now, for the first time, I've had one of my clients book me for a shoot, and ask if I can shoot some video alongside the stills. How exciting! Convergence, they're calling it..stills and video in one!
Now I just need to buy an HD-DSLR rig, Z-finder, Editing suite, microphone.....aaaagh!

No comments:

Post a Comment