Wednesday 5 January 2011

In the balance...












Feeling a bit like the Waitrose/HMV situation today....walking a tightrope between good times and bad!
I'm going to be honest and say my Wedding bookings for this year are erm, a bit low, and on a day I've dropped my cheapest package to just £495 I've been approached by a classy bridal magazine with an offer of a discount on a quarter page advert which is normally..£2, 316...PLUS VAT!
Talk about two different planets!

Even so, my first enquiry since I launched the new price wanted their whole Wedding photographed, and all images on Cd..for £450 !  Hey, they've even offered to give me the blank Cd to put the shots on !! Thanks, guys!

The public's perception of the importance of photographers is getting lower and lower, and it's becoming very difficult to explain to couples that Wedding Photography is so much more than just wandering around taking a few snaps. One chap I was speaking to lately told me the best Wedding photo he ever shot was when the couple didn't know they were being photographed.
"Oh yes?" I replied "I do 600 of those every week!"

No comments:

Post a Comment