Wednesday 27 October 2010

Wake Up !!














Check out this incredible photograph!
What...this snap of a tramp asleep in a park? Yes..incredible isn't it?

Well it's incredible in the literal sense of the word, in that it's really hard to believe that this boring pile of plop has been named as the Single Image International Photography Award Winning Photograph from the esteemed British Journal of Photography.

No, it really has!! One of the judges (In his long-winded cultural clap-trap explanation) said that "good photography should challenge, otherwise it could so easily be ignored".

I say this photograph should so easily have been ignored so that good photography can challenge!















PS..Here's one of mine from my Olympus XA series 'Don't Miss This'
...and may I say it gives me great pleasure to accept this award tonight..I'd like to thank my Mother, my Father....zzzzzz .....Wake Up !!

No comments:

Post a Comment