Monday 25 October 2010

Embrace Technology!














Well I sure put some graft in at the conference I covered on Saturday. Didn't finish working 'til 1 am, and have just spent nearly four hours editing down the shoot..to 671 shots!
Imagine doing that with film? No way!

Funnily enough I recently found a 1994 copy of the British Journal of Photography. It talks of 'digital photography' as being "on the horizon", and ponders the question of whether "digital imaging equipment" will ever completely replace film. For quite a while I've wondered the same, as I was always unhappy with digital colour and the fact that it looked...erm, digital! Now I think it's fair to say I've truly embraced the medium..love it !..and hardly feel a twinge of nostalgia for film. Jeez, the number of times you'd look at your film counter and think, Cripes..I've only got two shots left!
Speaking of numbers..this same issue of BJP has a Wedding Photography feature. There's an amusing story of a photographer shooting a "28 print" wedding, and another "shooting off" eight rolls of film at unlimited locations! However, it does begin its article with "The current wedding and portrait market in the UK is, unfortunately, far from bouyant"
Ring any bells!?

No comments:

Post a Comment