Wednesday 21 July 2010

The past is getting closer...!




















Hmm...a sign of the times, eh?  A pub...closed down...called The Museum!
And, speaking of museums, the big Joy Division festival starts next week at Macclesfield Silk Museum, and publicity's picking up, with Mark Kermode and Kevin Cummins among the names that will discuss films about the band as my photographs are projected on the walls.
Reminds me of the time I went to the opening of Control, the film about Ian Curtis made by Anton Corbijn. The bigwigs were buzzing in the foyer of Cornerhouse as TV and radio interviewers piled in. I proudly presented a set of my postcards to this tall, long-haired chap whose work I admire. "For me?" he asked, delightedly. "Yes" I replied, "I love your work!". Well, he was really pleased to get them and I was so happy he accepted them. Then someone shouted that Anton Corbijn was coming. So who the hell had I just given my cards to? The chap who played Anthony Wilson, that's who!
Oh, well..!

No comments:

Post a Comment