Tuesday 5 December 2023

Goodbye, Denny ..


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Denny Laine must be the most famous man I'd never heard of. I think I owned a Wings LP but was certainly never into the Moody Blues, so when I was commissioned to take some portraits of him I had to ask around to find out who he was. He died today, and I immediately thought back to that 90's photo-shoot ..

Ok! Magazine asked me meet him at some swanky pad up in Lancashire. This was back in the days of colour transparency film, shot on a Mamiya RZ67, and it was just me, him and a guitar. We had fun, as you can see, and I got a lovely spread in the magazine a few weeks later. Rest in peace, Denny, and thank you for some lovely photographs. But Mull of Kintyre? I can't forgive you for that one. Sorry ..

No comments:

Post a Comment