Saturday 11 November 2023

For the record ..


 

 

 

 

 

 

I'm showing you a photograph of my 1978 'music-centre' as a way of illustrating today's story. One of my fave ways of playing records has always been via 'Lucky Dip', whereupon I close my eyes and pull a random LP from my collection. I then have to play it, even if only for a minute or two, as it's a great way to rediscover long-lost music. The record chosen yesterday was 'Spring Session M' by LA band Missing Persons, which came out in 1982 and features the delightfully named Dale Bozzio as lead singer. (Zappa fans may recognise the name, as she sang on his 'Joe's Garage' records in 1979). Anyway, I enjoyed the music so much I went online to see if they'd done anything else. Reader, their first release in 35 years came out .. yesterday!

And now I'm off to buy a lottery ticket ..

 


No comments:

Post a Comment