Sunday 24 September 2023

Sorry mate, no trainers ..


 

 

 

 

 

 

"That's Tommy Tarbuck," said Lesley, browsing through the latest of my photo-books. I'm sorry? "That's Tommy Tarbuck," she said again, and pointed to the fag-dragging bouncer in my photograph. "He was the doorman at the disco I used to go to" ..

Well how interesting, 'cos here he is, manning the entrance to the hall of the Salford Students' Union, just outside of Manchester. He must have been a jobbing bouncer, if there ever was such a thing. Did anyone else know Tommy? Is he still around? Did anyone ever get 'bounced' by him? (He does look as if he'd not stand for nonsense!) I'd love to know. And I'd love to know if anyone recognises anyone else in my books. You can check them out here, and contact me here if you happen to know anybody. Now, on your way, mate, 'cos you're not coming in here wearing those trainers ..

No comments:

Post a Comment