Thursday 14 March 2019

It was 40 years ago tonight ..













I was a skinny, spotty 18 year old photographer when, exactly 40 years ago tonight, I took my camera to a gig in a local youth club and shot a set of photographs that are still relevant to this day.

I can still remember the shock as Ian Curtis started his wild, whiplash dancing, and I can still remember getting onto the stage, standing behind Peter Hook and being told, in no uncertain terms, to "Fuck off!"

This photograph is the poster from the first exhibition I had of these photographs - an incredible 25 years after the death of Ian. Now another 15 years have passed. It gives me great pleasure that these photographs are still used in magazines and other publications - a tribute to the late, great lead singer.

RIP Ian Curtis. 

No comments:

Post a Comment