Friday 13 January 2017

Manchester by the sea ..











I'm quite keen to see the new 'Manchester by the sea' film, which opens today in the UK. It was already out when we were in the US for a Wedding last year and, as we were only a couple of train stops from the actual place, and as I'm born and bred 'Manchester definitely not by the sea', we couldn't resist a quick peek around. What a quaint little place it is. Typical New England. Unfortunately, I can't show you much of that as I spent most of my time photographing anything that bore the words 'Manchester by the sea'. What a train-spotter ..

A few years back, having just sorted out an archive of shots from my hometown of Eccles, I discovered that there were at least three other places in the UK called Eccles, and one of those was intriguingly called 'Eccles on sea'. I had to go there. I needn't have bothered. It's basically just a collection of holiday homes on the coast in Norfolk. Blink and you miss it. Missing it is a better option, but the mention of holiday homes does bring me nicely round to the subject of our French gîte, for which we took our first booking yesterday. We are so delighted. If we carry on like this we'll be able to afford another trip back to MBTS. I'll take more pictures of the town next time ..  

No comments:

Post a Comment