Wednesday 5 October 2016

Darn Sarf ..













Off to London today for a corporate PR shoot at a firm of solicitors. According to the brief I'm to photograph every member of staff as they gather for a meeting at their new offices. The meeting starts at 2.30 and they're arriving for their photos at ... 2pm!! Sounds a bit like buses. You wait all day for one, and 15 turn up at the same time ..

Which brings me nicely to today's photograph. A long row of London buses, lined up in front of a hotel in .. Sri Lanka! I was over in Colombo to cover the Viraj Mendez story - and if you can't remember him then don't worry, nobody else can, either! Anyway, I came out of the hotel one morning to find all these iconic red double-deckers lined up on the green. It was one of the most gob-smacking double-takes I've ever done. Apparently, they'd been shipped over to join the ranks of public transport in Sri Lanka. I just had to take a photo. Aldgate East please, guvnor ..

No comments:

Post a Comment