Monday 1 February 2016

Terry Wogan ..













Today's blog just has to be about Terry Wogan, the latest in a line of stars who bit the dust in January. His sad death hit home even more than that of Bowie. I've been in the presence of both, albeit only once. But whereas I saw Bowie at the MEN Arena - he was about 300 miles away and I spent the whole show watching him on the screens - I actually got to meet Terry Wogan, when I went down to London to photograph him on a PR shoot for Thomas Cook. As everybody says, he was exactly the same off the radio as he was on it - warm, friendly and 'normal'! After I'd done this photograph he had me and the lady in the shot come into the BBC club for a cup of tea and some toast with him and the late Pauly Walters, and then he signed a rather humorous autograph to my Dad - one of Terry's biggest fans! A gem ..

Anyway, January's over now....

No comments:

Post a Comment