Thursday 7 January 2016

Would you like to see my holiday snaps?..




















It's rained a hell of a lot lately but no, this isn't a shot of me in my back-garden! It's the Great Barrier Reef in 1991, 'cos I spent most of yesterday thinking back a whole twenty five years - 25 years!! - to January 6th of that year, the day I set off on a 6 month round-the-world backpacking trip. My Epiphany, if you like! From that day until the middle of July I had complete and utter freedom to travel where and when I wanted, and it was heaven! My only fear was that, as a freelance and away for six months, I'd lose some of the clients I'd built up over the previous nine years. That didn't happen. Work was so plentiful and diverse then that, as far as I can remember, I picked up the phone and was shooting a PR job the very next day. Those were the days ..






No comments:

Post a Comment