Monday 22 June 2015

No Pictures .. !




















No Pictures! That's what the vicar said as I started to shoot Saturday's Wedding! "Can the photographer stop taking photographs now, please!" she called - from the altar! - as I was a mere eight frames into the day..

Well, I'm sorry Rev, but what the bloody hell did you think I was there for? Man, I was so annoyed! I had to spend the entire Wedding ceremony sitting at the back of the church as a whole stream of fantastic memories sailed by me - unshot! Now ok, she let me pose the couple at the altar afterwards but that just wasn't the same. It wasn't the reality of a couple's Wedding Day. The 'real' moments had gone ..

Now, I know the church is the vicar's domain, and I've always been one to respect the wishes of the clergy - or the registrar, for that matter - but come on, play the game! It's a Wedding and we both have a job to do. I've never met any officiator of a Wedding that's banned me from taking any photographs at all and I think it's unfair not only to me, but to the bride and groom, who now have no photographs to remind them of their special time up at the altar..

The thing is, I've never had any problems photographing at this church but it seems it was this vicar's first Wedding there. However, nowadays, everyone expects to be photographed during the Wedding ceremony so if word gets out that photography's now a no-go at this place I think this new vicar might need to have a rethink on her shooting policy quite soon!..

Rant over ..




No comments:

Post a Comment