Wednesday 22 January 2014

Show me ..










I put my PR head on last night and headed off to the Imperial War Museum North to photograph their amazingly colourful Showcase Evening. Show piece dining-table set-ups, digital wallpaper displays and canapés served by ladies on stilts! (Never did quite manage to reach one, ho ho!..) In one of those fantastic photographic 'accidents' one of the 'stilt' ladies actually walked through one of my shots during a long exposure but, instead of it becoming a re-take, it turned into one of the nicest photographs of the evening. She cast a ghostly white trail through the shot - click on the picture on the right to see it - and added a certain poignancy to what, after all, will be one of the major centres of First World War commemoration later this year. Anyway, I'm now on the 'Recommended Supplier' list for the Museum but, wouldn't you know it, before the evening was out a lady had come up to me and asked if I shot Wedding Photography! Well, guess who started show-casing then ...



No comments:

Post a Comment