Monday 4 March 2013

What I did at the weekend...













The sun was out yesterday and so were the snowdrops, looking lovely in the park. The sight brought out the photography enthusiasts, too .. although I'm not so sure about one couple I saw who both had huge tripods with little compact cameras stuck on top - in that light! They either had the DTs from Saturday night or shot everything at f22! Anyway, I was in the park to shoot an engagement portrait for Laura and Chris, which they'll use as a Signing Board at their Wedding at Thornton Hall Hotel in April. Can't wait to get cracking on their Big Day!..

I was on the verge of selling my old Mamiya RZ 67 gear this weekend. It's a medium-format camera that I used to use for Weddings and magazine shoots, but I haven't used any of it for at least five or six years. I have bodies, backs, lenses, viewfinders .. the works! Trouble was, I looked at the prices the gear's going for online, and put it all straight back in the case. I couldn't insult such fantastic equipment by letting it go for such painfully low return. I now have some of the most expensive ornaments known to mankind and, unless someone can lend me £25K for a digital back, it's likely to stay that way for a very long time!

I hope Her Maj is feeling a little better after her bout of Gastroenteritis. I remember back in the 90s when I got the commission to shoot her at a three-day event in Hyde Park and, naturally, the adrenalin was a' flowin'! "Don't be nervous.." my old Dad told me "She's just a normal person like the rest of us. Try to imagine her on the toilet!..."

On that note ...




No comments:

Post a Comment