Friday 28 September 2012

Odyssey for Homer...



















Just to let you know, today's blog is really boring if you've never heard of Homer Sykes or Gerry Anderson! Don't say I didn't warn you! Yes, today I must travel far, for there is knowledge to be found in .. Leeds! The legendary Homer Sykes is giving a talk at the White Cloth Gallery in that there great city, and it will be worth the odyssey over the Pennines to hear from the master! Yes, I'd go that far. He's another of those photographers you'd never imagine you'd meet - a pillar of British documentary reportage photography - one of the guys whose photographs you've just known about and admired for absolutely years. I just hope he doesn't mention the Fall of Troy. As far as I know that meant they'd dropped one of the puppets during the filming of Stingray!

Well, I did warn you...

No comments:

Post a Comment