Wednesday 25 May 2011

Brian Connolly's Bum...


















Ok, Plan B!
I had wanted to show you some of the commercial stuff I shot last week, to tie in with yesterday's Blog about Me, me, me.. but I've been told I can't show the pictures until they've been approved by the clients!
Sooooo....I'll show you these, from a shoot I did with the late Brian Connolly, lead singer with Glam-rockers The Sweet.
Myself and journo Mick Middles went Darn Sarf to interview and shoot him for the Manchester Evening News, when it used to have a weekly colour magazine (Ah, those were the days!) It's fair to say that poor old Brian had seen better days. He was as thin as a rake and none too well looking, but he was ploughing ahead with re-forming the band, or at least, his version of it. When I piled in with all my gear, he told me to set up in the corner, but when I said I'd prefer somewhere else he looked confused. He thought I'd come to rehearse for the new drummer's spot!
We eventually got going, and as this sad old sofa was the only piece of furniture in his lounge, we started to shoot with him on that. After I while, he laughed at how many different angles I was shooting, and said "I bet if I stood on my head you'd shoot that, too, wouldn't you?"
"Of course!",  I said, so he did...and I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment