Tuesday 5 April 2011

Sister Act!















It's my sister's birthday today, and it was my other sister's last week, and now that I've found out that they both read my blog I'm going to mention them today! Happy Birthdays, Sisters!!
A quick trip down their own memory lane here, with a shot of their bedroom wall circa 1975. There was a definite divide in the room, with The Osmonds and David Cassidy battling it out with Starsky and Hutch and the Bay City Rollers! (Not sure who fancied who, though - I was too busy with posters of cameras and jet fighters on my wall!) This shot is from my book Don't Miss That, a collection of photographs of Eccles, our home town, in the '70's.

Just did a quick Google search for petrol prices in that year. It looks like it was about 55p per GALLON! Compare that with 136.9p per litre at a BP station I passed this morning. I also passed an Asda petrol station, and their price was 7p a litre cheaper! Now how does that work?

Staying in the '70's...many thanks to everyone who went to see my Joy Division photographs at Duke's, Lancaster, last night. Very flattered to have been selected!

No comments:

Post a Comment