Wednesday 30 June 2010

Let the Good Times...stop !

















Honestly, you turn your back for a minute! I've only been gone a week and what happens?...My main client goes bust and England get dumped from the World Cup! Good grief!

Well, as my Blog is football free (supposedly!) I'll skip on from that pathetic on-field performance and look at a much sadder story. Crain's Manchester Business has closed! The fab city newspaper that commissioned me for its photography just couldn't keep its head above water in these straitened times, and bit the dust with a bomb-shell announcement last Monday. It lasted just under three years and seemed to be ticking along nicely. Indeed, only a few days before I went away I shot a fab lunch they held at the Piccadilly Ramada Hotel, with photographs used on their website to announce its award winners. 

Sad news...I used to love shooting quirky business portraits for the paper. They used them well and one was short-listed in a national photography competition just this January.

Goodbye Crain's.....

No comments:

Post a Comment