Monday 4 September 2023

Cold water


 

 

 

 

 

 

The heatwave is back and it's going to be another hot one today. Thirty-eight degrees is the forecast. (That's 100° if you're an American or my Mum!) The garden is fried, as am I from trying to keep it watered. On Saturday night I was at an event two hours from here and it hammered down. Here? Not a drop. When will it end? I've had enough of summer now. I yearn for cooler evenings and crisp autumn walks, woolly scarves and seeing my breath condense in a cloud ..

In the meantime, it's another day of hunkering down and doing not a lot. Little Lisa had the right idea .. a bath of cold water and an ice-lolly. Mind you, this shot was (probably) taken in 1977, and 'little' Lisa will now be in her fifties. Sadly, I'd have to think twice about taking a photograph like this today. The 'right-ons' have poured cold water on good old innocent street photography ..

No comments:

Post a Comment