Sunday 8 April 2018

Take another road ..



















Another Monday morning, another day to do whatever the hell I like. I'm really getting the hang of this retirement mullarkey. I say 'retirement' because - despite my trying to dress it up - it seems I really have retired from work. I've come to accept that there's no realistic chance of me shooting weddings or PR over here and, to that extent, I've stopped promoting myself as a photographer. The frenzy of 'real-life' is over, and now I'm quite content to potter in our garden, or to see new friends for beer or a meal, or to simply sit and watch as our first French Spring unrolls in front of us. I've had time to re-edit my book, 'The Boy who missed Next Year', and have even started to write two new stories. Yep, as much as I loved the rush and the adrenaline of photography, I'm now quite happy to sit back and let the world wash over me. I've taken another road. It's bliss! 


No comments:

Post a Comment